Ocean Family Gastroenterology is your destination for reliable gastroenterologists in Lakewood. We’re your experts in the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of diseases of the digestive system. We are based close to you in Toms River, and we diagnose and treat a wide variety of gastrointestinal ailments.
Our physicians will evaluate your health status, create a plan to cure it as best as possible, and provide you with proactive advice for your health going forward. Whether you have a chronic or complex condition, we will go above and beyond to determine the source of your discomfort, to manage your treatment and work with you in your wellness journey.
Meet Your Lakewood Gastroenterologists
Dr. Rangas Lokchander
The founder of Ocean Family Gastroenterology and a founding member of Ocean Endoscopy Center, Dr. Lokchander has practiced gastroenterology and GI-related procedures for over 30 years. He believes that the physician-patient relationship is a partnership where both members strive to make the best decisions for healthy outcomes.
- A diplomate of the American Board of Internal Medicine and American Board of Gastroenterology
- Completed his medical degree from Madras Medical College, University of Mardras, India.
- Completed his Residency in Medicine and a Fellowship in Gastroenterology at Nassau County Medical Center in New York
Dr. Neil Nagaria
During his years of practice, Dr. Nagaria has been awarded NJ Top Doc, most recent for 2020, along with Vitals Compassionate Doctor Recognition. He treats a wide variety of GI conditions and performs numerous procedures, including EGD, colonoscopy, ERCP, and hemorrhoidal banding.
- Graduated from Sri Devaraj Urs Medical School in 2001.
- He completed his Internship at Flushing Medical Center, and the remaining part of his Internal Medicine Residency Program at Rutgers University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, where he went on to complete a Fellowship in Gastroenterology and Hepatology.
Dr. Jose Suatengco
Dr. Suatengco merged with Ocean Family Gastroenterology in January 2019 and specializes in various procedures including colonoscopy, endoscopy, anal manometry, and capsule endoscopy.
For the last 25 years, Jose Ramon E. Suatengco has been proudly practicing Gastroenterology in Toms River, NJ .
- Completed his residency at Interfaith Medical Center in Brooklyn, NY.
- Served as Chief Resident of Internal Medicine as well as later becoming Senior Gastroenterology Fellow.
- Previously owned a private solo Gastroenterology practice in Toms River from 1995 until 2018.
- He is a founder of the Filipino-American Community Development Center which focuses on celebrating Filipino culture.
Waste no time and wait no longer – need a way to get started? The form down below lets you tell us everything we need to know prior to your first visit. Please fill it out and we’ll reach out to you shortly!
Interested in gastrointestinal health tips and updates? Be sure to follow us on Facebook!